<$BlogRSDUrl$>

14.4.04

Why Bush Can't Remember Any Mistakes Since 9-11

So some of the wags in Blogistan and elsewhere are commenting on the fact that our president, George W. Bush, can't remember any mistakes he's made since the September 11 attacks.

It's not so surprising. As we learned from details coming out of the abortive "road map" phase of the Israel-Palestine conflict, Bush thinks that Jesus talks directly to him:
Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them".
We may perform a fundamentalist Protestant analysis of the situation regarding Bush, speaking gods, and making mistakes as follows:

1) God/Jesus/Jeebus speaks directly to Bush and tells him what to do;
2) God/Jesus/Jeebus is always right, never lies, and always gives perfect geo-political advice;
3) Bush follows this direct and secret advice, which only he can hear, unwaveringly;
4) Therefore, Bush can never be wrong or make mistakes.

Thus, the reason why Bush can't remember any mistakes is because, in his mind, he hasn't made any.

Praise our supply-side, civilizing lord.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?